Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over Campaign Continues
The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over impaired driving awareness campaign began on August 20, 2021, and it remains active through September 6, 2021. Arkansas State Troopers, Sheriff's Deputies and City Police Officers will be unified during the operation designed to arrest drunk drivers who threaten the safety of others traveling on Arkansas road.
The Arkansas Highway Safety Office and NHTSA are reminding everyone of the many resources available to get them home safely and offer these tips:
- If you plan on drinking, plan not to drive.
- Plan a safe way home before you leave. It's never okay to drink and drive, even if the driver has consumed only one alcoholic beverage.
- Designate a sober driver or plan to use public transportation to get to your destination safely.
- If you've been drinking, call a taxi or someone who is sober to drive you home.
- If you see a drunk driver on the road, call 9-1-1.
- If you know someone who is about to drive or operate a motorcycle or any other vehicle while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to get to their destination safely.
- Buckle up, always. Your seat belt is your best defense against the drunk driver.