Skip to Main Content

Quorum Court Passes Ordinances in Favor of Sheriff's Office


During Tuesday night's Quorum Court meeting, an ordinance to create six (6) new deputy positions as part of the COPS Hiring Program grant was passed by majority rule. The Faulkner County Sheriff's Office applied for and was awarded the grant by the United States Department of Justice through the COPS Hiring Program. The grant will contribute seventy-five percent (75%) of funding for six (6) deputy positions over the three-year award period; Faulkner County will be responsible for the remaining twenty-five percent (25%). The goal for the Sheriff's Office is to secure funding to retain the six (6) positions at the conclusion of the three-year period.

The Quorum Court also passed an ordinance last night for funding the preliminary phase of the maximum security facility expansion at Faulkner County Detention Center Unit 2. This ordinance will allow for the architects to design and begin the first of several stages toward a much-needed maximum security jail expansion.

Sheriff Tim Ryals and his staff would like to give a big thank you to the Quorum Court members for seeing the long overdue needs of the Sheriff's Office and the county. Thank you to our staff members who have put in the time to research and gather the information to bring to the Quorum Court. As always, we would like to thank the citizens of Faulkner County for their continued support.


Crime Tip Hotline
Submit Via Email