Now Recruiting for the 2020 Reserve Deputy Academy
The Faulkner County Sheriff's Office is currently recruiting for the 2020 Reserve Deputy Academy. In order to apply, a candidate must be:
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma
- Valid Arkansas Driver's License
- No felony convictions or violent misdemeanors (all other criminal/traffic history will be taken into consideration)
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Must pass physical from primary care physician
- Must be able to pass psychological evaluation
- Must be able to train every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 1800-2200 and most Saturday's from early February through the end of April.
- Must be willing to purchase uniforms, firearm, other equipment
- Must be willing to put self in harm's way during the function of the job
- Must live in Faulkner County
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of a law enforcement officer.
Reserve Commander John Camp leads the Reserve Deputy program. Our Reserve Deputies are highly trained and volunteered over 10,000 hours of their time to the Sheriff’s Office.
The Faulkner County Reserve Deputies assist the Sheriff’s Office in many capacities.
- Prisoner transport and extraditions
- Patrolling with or under the supervision of full time deputies
- Serving as Bailiffs in the various courts
- Providing security, crowd control and similar functions at many public events
- Many other duties related to all aspects of the Sheriff's Office responsibilities
The Reserve Deputy Program hosts a Part Time II and Reserve Deputy Training Academy once a year. The class begins in February, with meetings every Tuesday and Thursday evening and several Saturdays until the graduation in April. Once the candidates have graduated they are a Certified Part Time II and Reserve Law Enforcement Officer for the State of Arkansas.
Reserve Deputies are responsible for providing their own uniforms and equipment.
If you wish to obtain information about our Reserve Deputy Program or have an interest in joining please contact Monty Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also print a copy of the application from the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office Website, (www.fcso.ar.gov) by clicking the word Application in the reserve tab. Send the application the email address listed above, or you may drop it off at the FCSO lobby (801 Locust St Conway) Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.