Accepting Applications for 2019 Reserve Deputy Program
The Faulkner County Sheriff's Office is currently recruiting for the 2019 Reserve Deputy training program. In order to apply, a candidate must be:
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Arkansas Driver's License
- No felony convictions or violent misdemeanors (all other criminal/traffic history will be taken into consideration)
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Must pass physical from primary care physician
- Must be able to pass psychological evaluation
- Must be able to train every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 1800-2200 and most Saturday's from mid February through Toad Suck Days.
- Must be willing to purchase uniforms, firearm, other equipment
- Must be willing to put self in harm's way during the function of the job
- Must live in Faulkner County
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of a law enforcement officer.
The Reserve Commander is John Camp, who currently heads up the Reserve Deputy program. Our Reserve Deputies are highly trained and volunteered over 10,000 hours of their time to the Sheriff’s Office.
The Faulkner County Reserve Deputies assist the Sheriff’s Office in many capacities.
- Prisoner transports and extraditions
- Patrolling with or under the supervision of full time deputies
- Serving as Bailiffs in the various courts
- Providing security, crowd control, and similar functions at many public events
- Many other duties related to all aspects of the Sheriff’s Office responsibilities.
The Reserve Deputy Program hosts a Part Time II and Reserve Deputy Training Class once a year. The class begins in February, with meetings every Tuesday and Thursday evening and several Saturdays until the graduation in April. Once the candidates have graduated they are a Certified Part Time II and Reserve Law Enforcement Officer for the State of Arkansas.
Reserve Deputies are responsible for providing their own uniforms and equipment.
If you wish to obtain information about our Reserve Deputy Program or have an interest in joining please contact John Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also print a copy of the application listed below (by clicking on the word "APPLICATION") and send to the email listed above, or drop off at FCSO lobby M-F 8:00-4:30. Applications will be accepted until February 5, 2019.