Alleged Greenbrier Thief Arrested
On 11/21/2016, at approximately 5:50pm, FCSO deputies were dispatched to a residential burglary in Greenbrier. The victim reported almost $15,000.00 worth of property missing, including a red Polaris Ranger.
Later, the same day, at approximately 11:49pm, FCSO deputies were doing extra patrol in the area of the residential burglaries, and located a white SUV parked at a vacant house. As the deputies were checking the property, they recovered the stolen Polaris Ranger from the previous reported burglary. While on scene, deputies located two unauthorized male subjects in the vacant residence and additional stolen property.
Joshua Sawrie, age 23, from Greenbrier, Arkansas, was arrested and charged with:
- Theft by Receiving, Class C Felony
- Criminal Mischief 2nd Degree, Class A Misdemeanor
- Poss. of Meth (<2g) w/ Purpose to Deliver, Class C Felony
- Poss. of Schedule II (Acetaminophen/Hydrocodone) w/ Purpose to Deliver, Class C Felony
- Poss. of Schedule IV (Benzodiazepines) w/ Purpose to Deliver, Class D Felony
- Poss. of Schedule VI (Marijuana) w/ Purpose to Deliver, Class D Felony
- Poss. of Drug Paraphernalia (scales, baggies, rolling papers), Class B Felony
- Poss. of Drug Paraphernalia w/ purpose to use it to store, contain or conceal, Class B Felony
- Poss. of Firearms by Certain Persons, Class D Felony
- Unauthorized Use of another Person’s Property to Facilitate Certain Crimes, Class B Felony
- Simultaneous Poss. of Drugs & Firearms, Class Y Felony
- Residential Burglary, Class B Felony
At the time of arrest, Sawrie was found in possession of suspected illegal narcotics and a loaded firearm. Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office considers this an ongoing and active investigation.
Sawrie remains detained at FCSO Unit 2 at the time of this press release. No bond amount is available.